Dynamic Range, again Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
gnath11 Regular Member • Posts: 107
Re: Dynamic Range, again

OMG! There should be thousands of people worldwide who routinely took excellent pictures  year after year in situations similar to this but with cameras which had much less DR capability than Canon 5D4.

As other experienced forum members have said it has to do with proper choice of shutter speed, focus, lens and ISO and post processing.

If one needed only a Nikon D850 to be successful in this situation concerned, then I am sorry I give this analogy:

Imagine you are given a small slow moving turtle to shoot dead from 50 feet. (low ISO)

There are three guns:

Gun A can fire 12 shots (Nikon D850 with best DR)

Gun B can fire 10 shots (Canon 5D4 with lower DR than D850)

Gun C can fire 7 shots (Canon 7D with lowest DR compared to D850 and 5D4).

I think majority of trained shooters will be able to kill the turtle dead with Gun C. Some might need Gun B. Only few would rarely need Gun A.

In other words, a Canon 7D in right hands would suffice in that situation - no need to bypass a Canon 5D4 and thinking of using a Nikon D850.

Yes, there are situations where the low ISO DR advantage of D850 over 5D4 would prove advantageous. The analogy for that would be to shoot dead a big elephant charging at …… oh well, you don't need another boring analogy from me!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow