PixPro AZ901 wildlife on overcast days

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
romei Regular Member • Posts: 192
PixPro AZ901 wildlife on overcast days

I'm still struggling with this. I want this camera to take nice pictures every day, not just on sunny days. While my pictures on overcast days are getting better, they are still not up to snuff. The best pictures I can take on low light days are in A mode. I've placed the switch on the lens in smart mode to use the smart ring on the lens. I set the the ISO to auto and then then I zoom to whatever I have to zoom to, I grab the lens and twist it to the left to get the smallest f stop number that I can get at that length, which also gives me the fastest shutter speed. That seems to give me the best pictures under these conditions. Does anyone know of a way to set the aperture to the lowest setting possible at whatever focal length you might zoom to without having to do it manually every time you alter the zoom? Or better yet, does anyone have any better technique that I've found for this?

I should also mention that I'm still using spot focus and spot metering.  Perhaps I could try a broader metering setting???  I didn't think of that until just now.

Today was dark and raining on and off all day. Here are some sample images.

romei's gear list:romei's gear list
Kodak Pixpro S-1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow