Got XT-20 with XC 16-50. Thinking about getting XF 16 for trip to NY and Acadia park

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Coolpicturespere New Member • Posts: 3
Got XT-20 with XC 16-50. Thinking about getting XF 16 for trip to NY and Acadia park

I got the XT20 as my first dedicated camera this past november. I’m still learning, but I’m thinking about getting a prime lens. I’m looking at the 16 because of its large aperture. I assume it’ll have better low light performance, although I’m not sure since the XC has OIS. Moreover, I like the ability to have a shallow DOF with nice bokeh, something I quite can’t manage with the XC.

I mostly shoot landscapes, and cities when travelling. The zoom of the XC comes in very handy to frame the shot when I can’t move around. I’m afraid of missing good shots because of this. Nevertheless, I believe 16mm is my most used focal length. Here’s my instagram if you want to take a look at my pictures https://www.instagram.com/coolpicturespere

I’ve read many reviews on the XF 16, but I still don’t know if there would be that much of a difference between the two at 16mm.

Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow