How do I add photos to Lightroom collection I'm working on?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StevenN Senior Member • Posts: 1,264
How do I add photos to Lightroom collection I'm working on?

I didn't know on which forum to post this question; I didn't see a "software" forum. So I'm asking here.

When I do a photo job, I typically take 200-300 photos. Rather than dump them all into Lightroom, I view my photos in Faststone Image Viewer, and save the ones I want to work on in a separate folder on my computer. I typically end up with 50-60 photos. I find this amount easier to work with than 300.

Next, I open that folder in Lightroom to work on the photos. However, occasionally I will forget to move one of the photos I wanted into this new folder. But I can't figure out how to add that photo to the ones I am already working on. I end up having to shut down Lightroom and opening the new photo separately.

But when I go back into the other folder to retrieve the collection I was working on, the pictures are all greyed out and Lightroom says the photos are already imported. So I have to create a new folder and copy my photos into that folder. I then shut down and reopen Lightroom and import the new folder. Unfortunately, all of the captions I've written on any photos are no longer there.

It's obvious I'm doing something completely wrong here. Can anyone instruct me on how to add a photo to the ones I am working on? Thanks.

-- hide signature --

StevenN

StevenN's gear list:StevenN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow