7dii instead of 1D4

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
foskram Junior Member • Posts: 45
7dii instead of 1D4
  1. Over the last few years I have sold nearly all of my equipment, ranging from the 500mm F4 v1 to the 7D which went a few months ago. The main reason is that I have young twins and have had no time and no money! The lads are 3 now, so a little more independent. I have a pension pot looming and do feel that I really want some decent gear again. I always concentrated on wildlife photography, maybe some events and general stuff.

I don’t want to get in to the big white glass again (I say that now...). I am thinking of the 100-400ii as a really versatile all round longer lens. My head tells me the 7Dii is the logical camera, I used a 7D for years. However, I have always loved the 1D series so I am tempted by a 1D4 which are going for good prices these days. I have half a dozen batteries etc. I want to be slightly minimal, maybe 24-105 and the 100-400. I have been considering the Sigma 150-600S ( I loved the 120-300 2.8 OS) but am looking for portability as the lads are still young.

Any thoughts on these choices?

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow