Fuji X-T100 looking good so far

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sjpowis Junior Member • Posts: 29
Fuji X-T100 looking good so far

Just, in last couple of days, received a X-T100 in dark silver and thought I might update people who might be interested in it with some observations. I have acquired over the years an XE1, X-Pro 1, XE2, XT1 and X-T20, so have lots of images on all versions of the X-Trans sensors as experience. Love them all, the Fuji magic of the way these cameras all handle is always a joy, and a relief from lugging a full frame 5Dii and big lenses around.

The image quality of these cameras is also great, but just once in a while the way the X-trans 'look' or rendering of some landscape images has always made me wonder how a viewfinder equipped X series camera with a Bayer sensor would compare. Well the initial thoughts are .... excellent! What can I say, in a few brief images so far it renders like.. well a Bayer sensor, but with the wonderful Fuji colour palette. Distant foliage poses no issues, nor cereal crops - which sometimes to my mind had a slight 'confusion' in mid distance parts of the image. And rocks look like rocks.

Issues? Well I think the multi-zone metering overexposes a bit for my preference, so I have now reset it to average pattern, which mostly gives less exposure, which I prefer personally. Overall handling is good, though I do miss a dial with shutter speeds, but it's a minor quibble.

Anyway, for those that have had, possibly, some issue with X-Trans and landscape images, some do and some don't, and I'm certainly not in any way trying to start the whole debate again, but we do now have a nice option.

I'll be carrying the X-T100 and X-T20 for the foreseeable future to get the best of both sensor looks.

I'll add some images for people to ponder. Just a few test shots, nothing of serious artistic intent. All SOOC jpegs. I've just downloaded the new Adobe DNG converter that can handle X-T100 raws and will try it in due course. But very pleased so far with the new kid on the block.

SimonP

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow