Second time around...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 3,149
Second time around...

I posted some shots a couple weeks ago, of these brightly colored, LED lit, all electric, remote control planes, near my home in North Sacramento CA. But as is usually the case, I learned a few things from that experience.

So I went out and tried again. This time with slightly different camera settings. But also (a big difference) I used the Bulb setting and my remote trigger, so I could start and stop at precisely the right times, when the planes were in the frame. Also, I tone mapped them in Photomatix.

Long story short, I think they came out much better than my first attempt. Lots more stars, and the ground, and people are much more visible.

This one is kind of a trip, in that you can't see the guy.... but you can see a perfect outline of the led lights he blocked ? .... and yet he didn't block the street light star at all ? Hmmm... Oh, and he had nothing to do with the plane which crashed and bounced in front of him

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow