Lens fickleness

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Badness New Member • Posts: 3
Lens fickleness

Good Day;

Over the past year I have really been loving taking the photos. I above been upgrading my lenses from the kit provided. My camera is Nikon d5600. I have bought three lenses for it.  The first was Nikon 35mm f1.8 which is fun limiting for me. I noticed a strange tendency for this lens to lose contact/auto features with the camera. I would get an error message saying "lens not attached". A simple twist of the lens would seen to re-engage the responsiveness of the lens. I even exchanged the lens but the same thing happened with the replacement. It stuck me as very odd that this would occur Nikon to Nikon.  I was never quite sure if this was a lens versus camera issue.

Then I bought a new Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 which I truly adore. I have had this on my camera for months and love it. I have had NO attachment problems with this lens. Fast forward to this week when I decided to expand further with the new Tamron 70-210 f4. The lens is pretty sweet BUT: "lens not attached" has reared its ugly head again. Whether I am showing supporting the lens with my hand or just letting it dangle by gravity from strap, this problem keeps recurring. The auto focus loses connection and a quick press of the lens release button and then twist/click back into place temporarily resolves the issue.

I am looking for help with this situation.

1. Is this damaging my camera by the constant loss of connection it is experiencing?

2. Am I doomed to just have to put up with it or should I just return the lens?

Any thoughts from wIzened camera heads would be truly appreciated. If moderator needs to move this thread elsewhere sorry to have bothered you all.

Thanks

Badness

Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon D5600 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C Tamron 70-210mm F4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow