How can i fine tune icc profiles with color passport in capture one

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
taomarcus Regular Member • Posts: 115
How can i fine tune icc profiles with color passport in capture one

This may be a bit of a nitpick topic, but it is an interesting subject anyway for the raw nerds out there.

I use x-rite color munki for laptop (ips screen) and i use color passport for exposure and white balance.  My camera is Nikon D810 + 85mm F1.8

Now here is the deal.  X-rite color passport has software that is allowing to fine tune your camera in combination with color passport.  But it only makes DNG profiles.

But problem is that capture one software does not support that, so it is useless.  Only ICC profiles are supported.  I don't know much about profiling to be honest.  But capture one does have it's own icc profiles for pretty much every camera out there.

I must admit i tried raw file shots on my color passport.  And they are pretty good.  But if you look close there is always 2 or 3 patches a slight bit off with the color.

What is the best approach to fix this.  I figured i can edit the standard icc D810 profile in capture one to match the color checker passport.

I am pretty sure colors are pretty accurate on the d810 profile but i think maybe color rendition on a lens can make a difference and that is why they are a bit off.  And that is what i try to fine tune for.

I just like to get the things accurate in camera and in raw software.  Later you always can go crazy in post an do creative things.

I think dxo optics pro takes lens specs into account as well.  I think with capture one you have to fine tune yourself.

So maybe it is a nitpich 1 or 2% off topic here.  But how can i finetune this stuff in capture one.  I got all the right gear, but they don't work together.  very frustrating.   I am sure there are ways around this.  And i am sure one of you guys know how to adapt nikon d810 icc profile to a certain lens to match a color profiling target in post.  there gotta be a way.

taomarcus's gear list:taomarcus's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon 85mm F1.8G +4 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow