**Results: Tell Me a Story Mini-Challenge

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Twitchly
Twitchly Contributing Member • Posts: 636
**Results: Tell Me a Story Mini-Challenge

Thanks for all the great stories, everyone!

I’m posting this on my phone, so I apologize for the quality of the photos. Please return to the challenge thread to see them in their full glory.

3rd place: Staying Behind by Labrie

Good storytelling shots often ask questions. This one makes you wonder why she’s not going, whether she’s afraid or bored. The juxtaposition between an adventure vs. being riveted to one’s smartphone is also compelling.

2nd place: Tossing of the Bouquet by RLBur

The look on that little girl’s face is what sets this one apart. Priceless!

First place: Untitled by Abruzzopat

Powerful shot, perfectly lit. Great lines and composition. The perspective is unusual, putting the viewer in the place of the patient. The tired visitor leans around the tube to look at you from a distance.  Lots of mystery and questions: what happened? Why is this visitor across the room rather than by the bed? What does his expression convey — concern? Stoic resignation? A certain detachment? A haunting photo. Well done!

Over to you, Abruzzopat!

-- hide signature --

Instagram: @twitchly

Twitchly's gear list:Twitchly's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW120 Canon G1 X III Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow