Tamron 150-60 G2 lens zoom ring suddenly very stiff

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bill_Edmunds Junior Member • Posts: 38
Tamron 150-60 G2 lens zoom ring suddenly very stiff

I've owned the Tamron 150-600 G2 lens for Canon EF mount cameras for a couple of weeks, I have been very pleased, While the zoom ring has always been slightly stiff, it is now suddenly very stiff. Today I clicked off the Lock switch to twist the zoom ring to a longer focal length and could barely get it to move. I used to be able to turn the ring with my left hand while my right hand gripped the camera. Now, I have to grasp the lens close to the mount with my right hand and then twist the zoom ring with my left hand. I don't feel any type of grit resisting me. Nothing feels bent out of shape. Any ideas? Is the locking mechanism perhaps still slightly engaged?

The lens worked perfectly before today. It has suffered no trauma of any type. It has sat in my case for the past two days. This new stiffness literally came out of nowhere.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow