Mediocre Friday Night Post

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CX Bob
CX Bob Senior Member • Posts: 1,716
Mediocre Friday Night Post

I often enjoy using the 'excuse' of the weekend to post something a little 'outrageous' that I wouldn't otherwise mention during the week.
I'd really like to do that now, just for the fun of it, but I just don't have anything.
The closest I can come is to refer to a recent thread where I found Paul's V1 particularly attractive for several reasons. There was at least one reason where 'form' and 'function' were equally valid. Even those who couldn't care less what their camera looks like could still appreciate the practical function of this thing which I personally thought looked great. But having slept on it, I'm thinking that his 'vented' lens hood, which I really like 'aesthetically', is probably also very functional in some conditions.
A little while back, I was trying to take a photo in pretty windy conditions. (I was near one of our U.S. Great Lakes, where this happens sometimes. Paul probably has no idea what I'm talking about. )
It suddenly occurred to me that my rubber lens hood extended to full telephoto position might as well have been a 'parachute' attached to my lens. Even with my stable tripod, wind blowing into the hood would almost certainly be a problem. So I removed the hood and held up a notebook I had with me in what I hoped was the right position to remove glare. I can't help thinking that the 'vented' lens hood idea could be a good solution to this problem in many conditions. Never thought about it before!
Okay! Having been enjoying my Friday night big can of 'spritzy punch' while writing this post, I can now 'go off' a little, in the sense that this is totally off-topic. I very recently found this recording. This is probably my favorite song of all time, with my favorite singer (at least for this song) doing it. I have no idea why I've never seen this particular version before. Judy Collins singing 'Both Sides Now', twenty years after she first recorded it. Warning: This song does not have heavy-duty bass notes, or a particular 'beat'. Younger people may not like it. But if there's a side of you that likes things that are especially 'sweet', like me, I don't think you can do much better than this. I also consider this a reminder that women just get better and better with age, even though they're convinced that they don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbfbVMpzgx4

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow