Old rgb labs slides have turned very pink

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cglenn New Member • Posts: 7
Old rgb labs slides have turned very pink

For many years, I used camera film from RGB Labs in Hollywood CA. This was the unused real ends of theater film that was cut down to 35mm camera film, and they did all the processing.

I have a set of slides from early 1980 that looked good for several years.  They have been stored in slide carousels in closed boxes all their lives.  I am in the middle of converting these to jpgs.

I have included one example, file size reduced from 5 to 1 meg.  Simple programs like Mac Preview, when I slide tint (and temperature, as that helped some) ALL the way over, it helped but they are still pink.

Can these be saved?  Is the original color information still there, so that some processing technique can bring back the original colors?  They are all the same, so a batch processing should work. It will be a shame to loose all my Zion and Bryce (and others let to be discovered) slides.

BTW, maybe they "fixed" the problem, as slides from later in 1980 did not change tint.

Grey rock

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow