My Stylus 1 arrived!!!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,274
My Stylus 1 arrived!!!

I have been exchanging messages on this forum in the thread "I stupidly sold my Stylus 1..."

Anyhow, I had ordered a used one from Amazon, and this morning picked it up at the post office.  It looks and works like new.  So I'm really pleased.  I spent the rest of the morning going through the endless settings in the menus.  In the process, it was clear that the seller, who was the owner from new, is a serious and knowledgeable photographer.  He had set RAW as the shooting mode and there several other choices that indicated that.

I have ordered a spare battery, and also a small charger with folding prongs for travel.  The OEM charger had this huge power cord, and I really don't want to cut it down.

No results yet, but I am looking into a way to attach filters.  More on that in a later post.

The only surprise was a little modification to the camera.  Four or five years ago, I bought a new Stylus 1; but after a couple of days I sent it back.  At that time, the joint at the base of my right thumb was enlarged and very tender.  And the bottom right rear corner of the Stylus 1 was sharp and dug into my sore thumb, making it much worse.  At the time I thought it was arthritis in the joint.  However, the thumb is much better and not sore or tender, so I decided to try again.

So I was quite pleased to find this new-to-me Stylus 1 was comfortable to hold.  And then I noticed that the previous owner had filed off that sharp corner.  Neatly done, it doesn't call attention to itself and if it was my first Stylus 1, I would never have noticed, thinking it was made that way.

Really nice camera.  I think we're going to become good friends.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon SX220 HS Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow