eBay time for my 28-300VR - what to get?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Giovanni_1968
Giovanni_1968 Senior Member • Posts: 2,515
eBay time for my 28-300VR - what to get?

No, I mean, I think that I can handle till 100mm or so, I am not really good at handling that thing, I am pretty sure it's my fault, no matter if I use it f8, VR off or whatever but since I mostly use it on a boat and since the ocean plays jokes with me by moving almost constantly I am quite disappointed at the results, I get decent stuff when I play with primes like the 60 or the 85 but, really, if I have to use this thing only between 28 and 100 I better let it go and move on to something better but what to get just in case I manage to give it away?

Nope, the 24-120 no, I either move to a f2.8 or get a nice 35 prime and forget zooms, I was tempted by the Siggy 24-105 but, again, I would be disappointed by the f4 and nervous out of focus area but would I ever sell the 28-300 I am into putting another 500 bucks on top of it but, still, I could only manage to get, say, a Tammy 24-70G2 but I read about it being little soft on the long end and since landscape wise I prefer to use a prime I own I wonder if there's anything in a reasonable price to cover a good range with a constant wide aperture, any suggestion?

-- hide signature --

Giovanni - 70% GAS affected
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
Nikon D800 - Nikon D2Xs - Fuji X-Pro1 - Fuji S5Pro - Panasonic DMC-L1 - Nikon F - Nikon F3
J.A. Michell Gyrodec - AR SP-9 - Aeron AP-890 - JBL4311B
JN70CN - 14.14.30E 40.32.40N

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D2Xs Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 +20 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow