D850 Silent Shutter Timelapses adding to Count

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Focus Shift Shooting Regular Member • Posts: 284
D850 Silent Shutter Timelapses adding to Count

I recently checked my shutter count and it was more than 10 times what it should have been and I compared it to previous folder's shutter counts and they were also very high. So I went into my time-lapse folder and found a few time-lapses on the same day which had over a GB of data for a 4K time-lapse and I went back a day and forward a day from there, and measured the shutter count and there was a huge leap in the number.

I guess the shutter count won't be a useful measure when it comes to selling the camera. I'm over 62,000 on my count, but the actual mechanical DSC number is less than 6,200 clicks.

So does anyone know of a way to measure only the mechanical shutter clicks?
Because when I sell this thing and it has 1,508,294 people are going to be like, "I'll give you $250 for it."

Focus Shift Shooting's gear list:Focus Shift Shooting's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow