Fujifilm 50mm f2 R WR XF Lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Old Timer63
OP Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,215
Re: Fujifilm 50mm f2 R WR XF Lens

Tested the 18-55 around the garden around the long end on a tripod, to be honest for a zoom it isn`t bad at all. Having said that I did notice it wasn`t totally consistent shooting the same subject a few times but certainly not on par with my 35 1.4 but it is a keeper for those times when you might be at a function and then one lens more or less does it all.

I traded my mint used twice 18 f2 that was part of the deal when I purchased the Xpro1 when they first came out.

Anyway, I picked up the 50 f2, what a cracking lens for size and smooth operation with Auto focus swift and more or less on the ball although I`m loving the MF with this lens. It might (might) have the edge on my 35 1.4 for IQ but time will tell on that but certainly that extra reach is very nice to have.

It reminds me a lot of my long gone Canon 85 1.8 which was a stellar copy and as I remember my Leica 90mm f2 Apo.(that will start a few minds boggling

Thanks for all your help.

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow