GX85 and the 14mm f2.5 is...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jhunna Contributing Member • Posts: 660
GX85 and the 14mm f2.5 is...

... the perfect compromise on handling, size and performance.  I have tried most of the small lenses in the the 12-25 mm range, and this one gives me what I want out of a m43 system.

There are better lenses pl 15mm,  lumix 12-60, 12-35 f2.8,20 f1.7 but they all have a fault of being too big, or to slow to focus.   I wanted a good pancake lens and even the 20mm f1.7 is too large.

Some say this lens was discontinued because of the 12-32mm that comes with this camera, and I say that’s a shame becauce the 12-32mm doesn’t have a focus ring and can’t go down to 2.5. (I actually shoot the 14 at f2.8 for a bit more sharpness.

But put this combo in manual mode or Aperture Priority at f2.8 with auto iso, and all you have to worry about is composition and subject focus.  Getting some of my favorite shots with this combo and its fun shooting again because I always have this combo with me and ready to go.

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 II ASPH +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow