X100F - How are your EVF's colours vs. LCD (or X-Pro2 EVF)?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mark Regular Member • Posts: 149
X100F - How are your EVF's colours vs. LCD (or X-Pro2 EVF)?

It’s a serious question, not to start a controversy.

Explanation: I got my new X100F 2 days ago – I’ve been wanting it for over a year to complement the X-Pro2 that I simply can’t take with me when I travel for work.

From shot 1 I was intrigued by the colour difference between the rear-LCD and the EVF. Both have a slightly yellowish overall tint – contrary to my X-Pro2 where both are a bit on the bluish side. On the X-Pro2 LCD and EVF are quite consistent at least.

On my X100F , the EVF seems really off the chart: green gets sort of an exaggerated comic book green look and blacks have a magenta shade regardless of the colour film simulation used. Overall colours are very saturated and contrasty.

The EVF makes the WYSIWYG experience difficult.

The worst is that the resulting pictures have the natural looking and balanced fuji colours I like so much!

I’ve spent hours yesterday with both cameras, trying to understand if I do something wrong with the X100F setup (I did not), tried to adjust the colour of the EVF versus EVF luminosity…

Turning down the EVF colour to -5 has very little effect, increasing it to + 5 makes the EVF colours grotesque (no idea what Fuji’s intention was here).

X100F setup was OK, no in camera filters…

I’ve tried to simulate the EVF colours in the 2nd picture below (actually the EVF was even more ‘colourful’) than that:

Camera jpg Provia with Highlights and Shadows set to -1, colour 0, sharpening 0.

EVF simulated with colour set to -2    (in the EVF most of the black details were actually lost)

I’m honestly a bit fed up with ordering and evaluating camera gear (and returning it). It’s already the 2nd X100F – the first one I ordered from Amazon wasn’t new but a returned item….

If you guys can encourage me with your feedback that your EVF has an acceptable colorimetry, I may go through the whole process again because I really think the X100F is a great compromise between size, weight and usability.

But this EVF experience really put me off.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow