I just bought a nearly new 10 year old camera

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wellington100 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,548
I just bought a nearly new 10 year old camera

It was late in the night and I was browsing the camera section of our local New Zealand auction site and I spotted a "nearly mint condition" Fuji Z100fd being offered for $10 no reserve price, no bidders and 15 minutes to go on the auction so instead of going to sleep I bid $11. I thought it was a no brainer, after all who would want a 10 year old Z100fd. As I thought this some idiot who should have known better bid $12. I thought to myself, you are crazy bidding for this old piece of junk mate as I bid $13. I was insulted when he bid $14, I said to myself why are you bidding against me, this camera is not worth it, so I bid $15 and he or she or they bid $16. It was war now and we bid each other all the way to $30 by which time the auction had expired and I was the proud new owner of a Fujifilm Z100fd. It arrived in its original box and looks like it has never been used. I charged up the battery, found an old XD card from back in the day, popped it in, put the camera into my inside jacket pocket and I have been using it ever since. Sure the battery only takes 40 shots on a charge and the IQ is so yesteryear but hey I used to get 36 shots out of a roll of film and my first camera was a Kodak Instamatic with the worst IQ ever. Each shots freezes the camera for 2 seconds but I am retired, I can wait 2 seconds. But this little camera is fun because it is tiny, retro, quirky and on me all the time. I have included some SOOC shots, all taken through a window, mostly from my car while I have been driving around. The best thing about this camera is that it is truly tiny and can be carried all day in an inside jacket pocket without knowing it is there and its a real camera, not a phone. The worst thing is that its primitive but so what, the fun is in the capturing of the image. Now I want a Z1000 EXR, there are new pink ones for sale still on Amazon but I have never been a pink sort of guy so the search is on for a good used one from the land of the rising sun.

water drops contrasted by tree. a still life.

Is that bus not stopping

At least he is sorry

I always wanted one of those Mazda roadsters

This camera loves bright sunlight because its the only way it can get enough light into the tiny sensor

Sunshine on the shortest day of the year

-- hide signature --

MOGA ( Make Olympus Great Again)

Wellington100's gear list:Wellington100's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +15 more
Fujifilm FinePix Z100fd
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow