HELP deciding between a7ii + Samyang 14mm 2.8 AF or a6300 + Zeiss 12mm 2.8

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tommypham New Member • Posts: 1
HELP deciding between a7ii + Samyang 14mm 2.8 AF or a6300 + Zeiss 12mm 2.8

Really desperate for some help on my for my first mirrorless cam buy.

I’ve been deliberating over this for the past month and I still can’t decide. Essentially the other half has granted me permission to buy a new camera (old camera was a D7000 with tokina 11-20) for our upcoming three month trip. So I’ve decided to go Sony mirrorless. The problem is that I’m on the fence about two different combos.

At the current price point in Australia I can either get an a6300 + zeiss touit 12mm 2.8 or an a7ii + Samyang 14mm 2.8 with AF at the same price.

Thing is half of the reason why I wanted get the mirrorless is weight so that’s why I’m leaning towards the a6300 combo, however at the same time it is an upgrade and well FF 14mm is a really nice upgrade but the weight is holding me back, it’s only 250g less than my current setup......

I mainly do landscape photography and do a little astrophotography when the timing is right so please any advice would be appreciated!!

Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Nikon D7000 Rokinon AF 14mm F2.8 EF / Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 EF Sony a6300 Sony Alpha a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow