Deciding between X-T2 and X-T20, with a very specific point to consider.

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Headlands
Headlands Regular Member • Posts: 163
Deciding between X-T2 and X-T20, with a very specific point to consider.

Hi all, I apologize for yet another thread about this, but it's very important to me and I want to hear from people who have used both, considering my specific points.

I'm an amateur who is getting into much more serious photography so I'd like a balance between deep/advanced when needed and easy-to-use when needed (it's about 70/30 between the two for me).

I do like the larger/faster EVF on the X-T2 and the faster memory card capability, but I like the touch screen on the X-T20 (if this camera had the touchscreen there would be no contest) and the slightly smaller size (though this isn't as much of an issue because of the lenses). For those who have used both, please tell me your honest opinions about how much the touchscreen adds to your fast use of the X-T20 compared to X-T2. For fast/sudden shooting scenarios I do like being able to simply touch where the focus point will be, -- on the X-T2 how much harder is it to choose without a touchscreen? Also, for other functions did you find that the touchscreen noticeably enhanced your use of the camera?

Thank you for your opinions.

Headlands's gear list:Headlands's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow