Camera box without a serial sticker?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ukdas New Member • Posts: 24
Camera box without a serial sticker?

Dear all,

Recently I ordered a Nikon D7200 from E-Infinity.  Their price is substantially lower than UK dealer market. Today they have sent me an email notifying they have processed my order. They have also sent a picture of the box before shipment. But the picture shows, box does not have a serial sticker, serial number is written by hands.

I immediately asked their customer service, why serial number is hand written on the box. They replied that they get supplies directly from the factory, that is why there is no serial number.  I did not believe them, and then asked them if it is possible change the item and ship another copy of the product which has a serial sticker on the box. This time their reply was, no they cant do that. But they offered me an opportunity to cancel the order if I wished. They would refund me.

I was a bit puzzled and took some time to take a decision. Meanwhile, I am taking this opportunity to ask this forum if anybody has experienced such issue during a purchase. Are they going to ship a used/refurbished camera? I would still have 14 days to return the item if it is so and I trust paypal will step into such a serious dispute.

Any thoughts of this forum is highly appreciated.

ukdas's gear list:ukdas's gear list
Nikon D7200 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow