Oly M4/3 or Sony

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gray Drake
Gray Drake Regular Member • Posts: 350
Oly M4/3 or Sony

I have a near full system with an EM-1 II.  The system re invigorated my photography after the change from Nikon quite a number of years ago.   The dominant factor was system size/weight will retaining good image quality.  I am not totally satisfied with the IQ and a friend got the Sony aR III and I am impressed with his results.  I am mostly an amateur outdoor photographer so system weight is an issue, and would plan on adopting the f4 lenses and as a step down from the Oly 2.8's.  One expected disappointment is the shorter reach of the Sony lenses I am willing to pack for day long hikes.

Now my only question for anyone who changed from Oly to Sony or from Sony to Oly.  What issues may I be unhappy with if I make the switch to Sony ?   No comments on what is better, just comments on what was negative about your decision.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/heronden/set

Gray Drake's gear list:Gray Drake's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow