APS-C Lenses on Sony a7iii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jamesdgessel Regular Member • Posts: 118
APS-C Lenses on Sony a7iii?

Hey guys! Well my a7iii is ordered...but BACKordered!!! Can't stand it I just want the thing!!! Im sure some of you can relate.

Anyways, I have been searching long and hard for lens options, and while I love Sony's full frame, I have to say that the lens options aren't quite as nice as the APS-C selection. I used to have an a6000 and liked it, but I switched to canon for the 6Dmkii and am now switching back (finally).

I wondered if any of you have had experience in using APS-C lenses in crop mode on one of the a7's? If so, how does your IQ compare? Pros and cons? Obviously I am saving up for the full frame options, but the 16-35 2.8 is quite the chunk of cash... So I was thinking I could settle for a cropped lens for now. (not all of them obviously, just one or two).

I am mostly interested in landscapes and astrophotography, so have been looking at the Sigma 16mm 1.4 and the like. If anyone has any experience or input it would be much appreciated!!

jamesdgessel's gear list:jamesdgessel's gear list
Sony a7 III Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow