Photographer inteesting Godox setup - and my question

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhotoGearGuy Forum Member • Posts: 53
Photographer inteesting Godox setup - and my question

Hi everyone,

I came across this photographer's video, where he has a Godox X1T ( he incorrectly calls it an X1, but it's actually an X1T ) on his camera. ( notice the red piece of plastic on the front of that unit on his camera ) ( the X1 has no plastic red piece )

Using his Godox XPro transmitter he does some interesting stuff, turning his Godox flashes off and on.

My question is - since the Godox X1T is an older trigger, if you replaced that X1T with the new Godox XPro, could you trigger that whole setup so the camera shoots a frame with the flashes going off as well ?

So basically 2 Godox XPro units, one on camera, one in your hand.... would this act as a remote control in your hand ?

The video is below.  It's the only video on YouTube showing this technique, so I thought at the least it would be interesting to share.

How to remotely adjust and turn off Godox Lights with an XPro Trigger https://youtu.be/IHC7-koAkzA via @YouTube

Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow