Photos at Hurricane Day at Shuttleworth Collection

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barry Pearson
Barry Pearson Veteran Member • Posts: 7,968
Photos at Hurricane Day at Shuttleworth Collection

20 of us, mostly photographers, spent a day (June 20th) up-close and personal with a Hawker Hurricane that had fought in the Battle of Britain.

This Hurricane is based at the Shuttleworth Collection , although it isn't owned by them. It is airworthy, but we pushed it out of its hanger onto the airfield, parked it there, photographed it and sat in it over the day, then pushed it back into its hanger.

The whole day was well organised and lead by Darren Harbar , who runs his own photography business and is also an official Shuttleworth Collection photographer.

Two re-enactors added to the interest, one of them doing a scramble to give us an opportunity for some action photography.

After this initial post of the outside of the aircraft, I'll show more photos as replies to this post.

We aimed to get a bit of variety, using different angles and with some panels removed:

Shuttleworth Collection control tower on the right.

Panel removed behind the cockpit.

Panel removed over the engine.

Next, I'll show some (very few!) photos of me in the cockpit, and the cockpit itself....

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Samyang T-S 24mm F3.5 ED AS UMC +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow