Sony 10-18mm + Zeiss 24mm + Sony 85mm 1.8 (just purchased) - Anyone using this combo on the a6500?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tommysan
tommysan Forum Member • Posts: 80
Sony 10-18mm + Zeiss 24mm + Sony 85mm 1.8 (just purchased) - Anyone using this combo on the a6500?

Intro (skeep to question below if you wish)

Hello everyone, I've been using the a6500 for around a year now, with more than 10.000 pictures, lots of video as well, and I am extremely happy with it.

Most of the shots have been taken with the 10-18mm F4 and the Zeiss 24mm 1.8mm (which is usually on my camera). For longer range I just used manual vintage lenses that are from 30 to 60mm, they are very fun to use, with lots of character, but not ideal when traveling or when I need speed on focusing, so I have been long looking to buy something with a longer range for a while to complete my photography and videography.

Been considering the Zeiss 55mm, the new zoom SEL18-135mm, and I've finally bought the Sony FE85mm 1.8, which I still don't have but I hope to receive next week.

3 lenses is the maximum that I want to carry (and that fits) in my shoulder bag. I usually take 2 with me though, depending on where I am going to take pictures.

The reason to choose the 85mm is because I like the contrast and the difference in feel and composition that I can get from the 24mm and then switching to 85mm. I love how intimate you can get with a 85mm (130mm eq.) without being imposible to use in small spaces, where you can also get creative.

I discarted the 18-135mm zoom despite the good reviews because I am too used to good bokeh, to fast appertures, and I like the way I face fotography with prime lenses, honestly.

-  So my question is for those of you who have 2 or all of these lenses, how do you usually use them, when do you swap lenses, which one is on your camera most of the time, when do you choose to go out with 1, 2, or 3 lenses...

I do lots of traveling photography, street photography (when traveling mostly), then nature landscapes and family photography...

I also want to know how happy you are with these lenses in general, specially the 85mm which is the newest that I got!

Thanks.

tommysan's gear list:tommysan's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow