What's wrong with this picture?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rgs_45
rgs_45 Senior Member • Posts: 1,044
What's wrong with this picture?

While sorting and backing up my photos, I saw this that I thought it's funny. This was taken on one of the visitor's stop on the way to Hoover dam.

She's one of several people I saw that was carrying an ILC (in this case a Canon) and smartphone. All the time I was taking family snapshot, I was keeping an eye on her and the whole time, we were at the area where I could see her, she did not use her Canon but did took several dozen shots using her smartphone. Maybe the lens she have is something like a 75-300 where the FL is too long for the situation. I don't know and I did not get closer to see what kind of lens it is.

I also saw several where they swap from their ILC's and smartphone taking photos and used the smartphone more than their ILC's.

IMHO, these are the type of consumers the smartphone maker are targeting. Make the camera on their smartphone take better photos compared to the previous model so that they can convince the "average" consumer to ditch their ILC's (or as some people here, their real cameras) in the future. Majority of these types of consumers do not print their photos, I would guess, 90+ percent. They don't pixel peep nor care about real IQ. Their goal is to take good enough photos that they can instantly share on their social media. If the 1st click is not to their liking, it's very easy to re-take. They use their same phone to show their photos to others. Most photos taken by a smartphone looks good viewing on a smartphone.

No point here, just an observation

Of all the people in this photo, just she and I are the only ones with ILC and the rest? You got it, a smartphone.

-- hide signature --

- Rich -
"A photographer is your worst friend. He will Frame you! He will Shoot you! And if you're one of the lucky ones, he will Hang you too."

rgs_45's gear list:rgs_45's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic GX850 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow