Some Huawei P20 Pro Shots

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raintitan
Raintitan Contributing Member • Posts: 576
Some Huawei P20 Pro Shots

I upgraded from a Galaxy S8 Plus to the Huawei P20 Pro about a month ago.

If you work at it, I am pretty sure the P20 Pro is the best mobile camera setup. But, in auto mode, it can be hit and miss.  I have many, many thoughts on the phone and photography experience. I'll say this: I love it, but I love photography and it has awakened my urge to experiment and shoot at times I don't have my other gear.

C&C isn't needed (but feel free), I just wanted to share since I am US based and imported the phone and some readers here may want to see more.

Here are some shots, most edited in LR:

Portrait mode.

Super low aperture 0.95 in A mode = focus on the bench and into the sun. No edit.

3x zoom camera/lens

Lower light

It has the best white balance of any camera or device I've seen. It uses a dedicated sensor.

The colors are strong (this is edited, but it nails the temperature. Sharpening is too heavy (RAW files are not usable because the lens is soft pre-computational edit to JPG)

No edit, this is tough shooting into the sun and it did pretty well. As a trend as you can see, it handles light well.

Portraits hold up well even in lower lighting

-- hide signature --
 Raintitan's gear list:Raintitan's gear list
Ricoh GR Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Sony RX10 III Sony a6000 Sony a7 II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow