Nikon Service - Shutter Replaced or Not?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaxNeko New Member • Posts: 23
Nikon Service - Shutter Replaced or Not?

I brought my D750 to the Nikon Service Center in Melville to have the shutter checked out. It had a habit of, nearly every time that I would turn on the camera, freezing on the first exposure. I'd have to turn the camera off and on again to continue shooting. This only happened at the beginning of the day. I didn't pay for the repair and the invoice said that the shutter had been replaced. In addition, the rubber pads have been replaced the AF adjusted and the body generally looks like new. So all this is good. However, the shutter count for the first picture that I've shot with my new shutter is 47,989. The last picture I took before sending it in was 47,600.

Am I correct in assuming that when a shutter is replaced, the shutter count should return to a much lower number (allowing for some test shots)? This body has actually been recalled twice. On the second recall, the shutter count dropped but not so far as to suggest that I had been given a new shutter. I'm not demanding a new shutter here, I really just want the annoying behavior to stop. I'm also curious as to whether anyone else has had a shutter replacement without a corresponding drop in their shutter count.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow