Photos from the new XT100

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KKJohn
KKJohn Contributing Member • Posts: 882
Photos from the new XT100

How about starting a thread with photos from the new XT100! For me that's the best way to evaluate a camera. Proof is in the pudding, and all that! Too much talk gets boring.

I put my name at my local store, and was lucky it came in the next day. They called, so I grabbed it and headed out to some of the beautiful parks and scenic spots in Vancouver. Sat under a gorgeous weeping willow tree, put the camera together and started snapping away at the beach and mountains on a hot sunny day. Even some interesting shots from the heat over the water, creating a hazy surreal effect of the background, tho at first thought it was something wrong with the camera.

Lots of mistakes and took a while for this old geezer to get a feel for the camera. Missed some of the dials and things on my XT10, but gradually felt a bit more comfortable when I realized it was similar to my old XA1. Had problems with the film simulations dial and some pics turned out with muddy colours (which I attempted to fix by PPing them into B&W- ie, the carp at Nitobe Japanese Gardens). The new touch screen is a revelation, and much better than the original Fuji effort on my X70 (please Fuji, bring out the upgrade to the X70!!). For instance, interesting to be able to toggle from AF to MF on the touch screen. Will read the manual later at home, but wanted to get a sense for what the camera can do in the field.

Here are my first modest efforts. Let's see some more, and please comment, taking into account this is my first time with the camera (and without reading the manual!)

KKJohn's gear list:KKJohn's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-T10 Pentax X70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HZP
HZP
HZP
HZP
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow