Foliage images with Bayer (FF and APS C) and X-trans sensors

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 4,902
Foliage images with Bayer (FF and APS C) and X-trans sensors

I'm using both - Canon cameras with Bayer sensors and Fujifilm with X-trans. X trans has not troubled me after my first Fuji  X-E1 - then i did not have usable software in the beginning...

At the moment here are long discussions going on   about x-trans "issues".   People see worms and other stuff in Fuji images.

I have previously shot some  images with foliage with different cameras ,  but this has not been a real scientific test. Places are different and light is not the same ... and so on. Anyway , some foliage to look at!

Exif info shows what camera is used and with a FF camera 6D i used Sigma 20mm f1,4 - the lenses are not quite equal - but the worms should be visible .

I used Capture One - very much the default settings and i did not play with special sharpening or noise reduction. Highlights are adjusted a bit - in all images

6D with 20 f 1,4 Sigma, X-E3 with 18-55 , 80D with 18-135 (not as sharp as the others)

Enjoy the foliage - tell me if you find worms    - the lakeside image taken with X-E3 was perhaps most difficult - leaves reflecting light in bright sunshine. Look at the images in "full size"

X-E3 with a "kit lens" looks quite OK compared to a FF with an "Art" lens.  And when i compare the weight of the systems .... that is why i travel with X-E3 and the zoom

X-E3  18-55

6D with Sigma 20f1,4  / Art

80D  18-135

6D

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 and the new 80D are my favourites - also 6D for landscapes and some portraits.

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +13 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm X-E3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow