Removing internal camera noise from the fz1000 and fz2000 video audio

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
alex sally films
alex sally films New Member • Posts: 15
Removing internal camera noise from the fz1000 and fz2000 video audio

I've been using the fz1000 to film wildlife (birds mainly) and have been really impressed with the results, especially the 4k which is so nice to look at. Obviously sound is never great "off camera"  but the internal noise from the fz1000 is very obtrusive. This is pretty awkward because some of what I film is little birds singing , say 10 metres away,  so I needed that clear sound.

I played around a bit with external mics etc, like the rode but it didn't quite work and nor did turning off the image stabilisation. for some reason it still emits a slight hum

In the end I came up with a fairly simple and fairly cheap work around. Seems to work and the only practical solution for me if I am making the step awat from camcorders for filming.

I have used panasonic camcorders for years but using the fz1000 is a big step up in quality so I guess some trade off was to be expected.

Anyone else have any good sound / audio tips for the fz1000?

Alex Sally

alex sally films's gear list:alex sally films's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ2500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow