Thinking again into getting into Sigma (SDQH)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Xerman PL
Xerman PL Junior Member • Posts: 33
Thinking again into getting into Sigma (SDQH)

Hello and first of all thanks for dedicating your time for reading the post.

Second, sorry for my english since it's not my native language and without wanting I'll make some mistakes.
I've thinking in the past into jumping into Sigma for the quality of it's unique foveon sensor. I've found a nice oportunity to get an almost new body (just unboxed) for a good offer and I feel tempted again to jump into the system.

I'm really really interested into the SFD mode since most of my pictures (like 99%) are taken using tripod and are of interior and architectural spaces. I just want the best quality I can afford. Really, quality is my main objective.

So, here are my questions and request in case someone is generous enough to help me giving some light into my doubts...

- Could anyone please please share with me an SDF x3i file of an interior shot so I can play with it and check how I feel about the workflow and quality of the resulting picture?

- With the 7 bracketed shots of the SDF mode should I cover the blown highlights of windows? Or should I still need 3 bracketed SDF shots to get high dinamic range?

- What do you think about the 14-24 lens? It's it superb for interior shots?
- Is there a possible workflow where I could batch program the conversion of a bunch of x3i files into dng I can incoporate into Lightroom? If that's true could you point me to the right direction?

- What are your opinions about the optional grip?

As I said, thanks for your time. I hope someone will be kind enough and have the patience to answer this boring post

Best wishes!

-- hide signature --

Fotografía de arquitectura e interiores - http://www.luzestudio.es

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow