Picasa is finally dead to me.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barleyman
Barleyman Regular Member • Posts: 309
Picasa is finally dead to me.

I have used Picasa as a library tool for over 10 years.  It fit my methods very well.  While I had flipped to LR for editing a few years back,  Picasa was still my post, post processing tool of choice.  Now, Google has ceased allowing it to sync with Google Photos.  Done.  And that was one of it's most amazing features, IMO.

But now off to sunnier climes I guess.  I'd like a tool that would:

1. Automatically work with Windows folders, bringing new images into the library as they are added, copied, or exported from Lightroom

2. Facial Recognition.  I have thousands of photos I have scanned, and Picasa was scary accurate in identifying  people.  Even from the 1800s.

3. Selective sync with any online sharing service.  One Drive would be best. PIcasa was a master at creating an online folder with "selected" photos in it,  but not requiring multiple copies on the local drive.  Making it really easy to manage.  Didn't like a photo in the online folder?...  easy to remove the sync of that file,  but keeps it on local drive.

I have used Light room for some cataloging,  but it just doen't fit my use case.  I'd need to import thousands of photos into  LR.  Not sure I want to do that.  Maybe.

Any suggestions?

Barleyman's gear list:Barleyman's gear list
Nikon D3100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow