Best 35mm (f/1.4 and faster) as of 2018?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Todd Jones
Todd Jones Senior Member • Posts: 1,272
Re: Best 35mm (f/1.4 and faster) as of 2018?

Tom Schum wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

Personally I had the Fuji f/1.4 but I returned it for the Mitakon 35mm which is basically super glued to my x-t2 at the moment.

Totally agree with you on this. Mitakon 35mm is super great. I keep it on my X-E1 basically at all times.

I have a second X-E1 body I keep a 23mm F1.4 Fuji lens on, for nice baby pictures etc, but for art and character the Mitakon is wonderful.

I have the 23mm f/1.4 as well (the X-T2 and the 23mm replaced my favorite FF set up,  the D810 and 35mm f/1.4G) but I haven't touched it in a while since the Mitakon. For some unexplained reason I enjoy the Mitakon with B&W images.

I've been using the Mitakon for at least a month now and no end in sight. Recently added a 6-stop ND to use it wide open in broad daylight.

It's a pricey and heavy lens, and I really don't know, but the 7artisans might be as good.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Copper: Mankind's favorite electrical conductor

-- hide signature --
 Todd Jones's gear list:Todd Jones's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow