My best friend went to sleep today...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Viking9
Viking9 Senior Member • Posts: 2,393
My best friend went to sleep today...

Jasper, my lovely faithful pal for fourteen years, contracted FIV (feline immunodeficiency virus) about two years ago when bitten by a feral cat. As in most cases, he didn't show any symptoms for some time but gradually, over the past nine months he ate little and lost much weight. An examination by the vet found his kidneys to be failing and other organs to be deteriorating, indicating that my valiant friend was fighting hard to stay alive. I was advised that the kindest thing to do would be to have him put to sleep. So today I bit the bullet and took him to the vet, As I said my goodbye he nuzzled my hand and looked into my soul. I had to run from the room in tears at the terrible decision I had made.

Last pic of Jasper aged 18.

“Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. ”

Tom

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reachspotter/
=======================================
'The man who has never made a mistake has never made anything'

Viking9's gear list:Viking9's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX78 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
i8z
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow