Sony mirrorless + lens combination for traveling

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edge91 New Member • Posts: 1
Sony mirrorless + lens combination for traveling

Hi all!

I am amateur photographer mostly photographing family, events at work and since I love great photos I take my camera when traveling. I was Sony A-mount user for some time, had some basic equipment but I sold almost everything and got Sony A6000 with 16-50 lens. In the meanwhile I got 50mm 1.8 and Sigma 60mm 2.8. I am going to vacation soon and will be mostly walking around cities, historical places... What I have noticed so far is that I am very frustrated with changing lenses, I am not really used to it, and I often want to take photo of building, details on the street, etc using wide focal length and at the same place I want to take some portrait shoots. So far I would put my 16-50 and do that using zoom but I miss sharpness and bookeh of my other lenses, and portraits look much better using 50 and 60mm. I end up using 50mm 1.8 mostly in low light and 60mm only when I aim to shoot portraits only.

Soon I am getting 28mm F2 and I am planning to bring that lens as well for wider shoots in low light.

Now, I am thinking about these options:

1. Keep all lenses, buy Sony 16-70 F4 lens and use only it during the day, I think F4 at 70mm would be great for potrait shoots, somewhat similar to what I have with 50mm and 60mm during the day. I would use primes for low light shoots and would probably sell my Sigma 60mm.

2. Buy Nex 5R or Nex 6 body and keep all lenses. Use 16-50 on one body and 60mm on another during the day, and 28mm and 50mm during the night.

Price-wise both options are same here where I live (I am buying used equipment), buy 16-70 F4 and sell Sigma 60mm = buy Nex 6

Thx!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow