Goodbye XH-1 - Hello X-E3

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
matt mikulla
matt mikulla Regular Member • Posts: 479
Goodbye XH-1 - Hello X-E3

I received my XH-1 last week. It's a beautiful camera.

I was expecting it to only be slightly bigger than the XT-1 and XT-2 despite the grip. It is way bigger. And heavier.

It's almost too big. They could have made the grip smaller. I had a hard time putting hand around it.

I kept picking up my XT-1 and then XH-3. Then back and forth.

The XT-1 feels like the perfect size. Not too large and not too small.

I found a deal at Focus for the X-E3 with the 18-55mm or 23mm with a $200 gift card.

For my purposes the XE-3 will be perfect. Street, landscape, some portrait, and travel.

The XH-1 would be an excellent choice if you shoot events, sports, portraiture, and need to balance heavier lenses. Obviously great for video. The IBIS is a killer feature, especially with manual lenses.

I know all the reviews say this but you never really know until you hold the camera in your hand.

What I do know is when Fuji figures out how to pack IBIS in the XT-x series they will have a killer camera. Small enough for portability and large enough for professional work.

For now I'll shoot the X-E3 and wait to see what the XT-3 brings. Maybe pick up an XT-2 when the XT-3 is released and prices drop.

matt mikulla's gear list:matt mikulla's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow