Focus issues...me, equipment, or paranoia?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Morris0
Morris0 Senior Member • Posts: 4,822
Re: Focus issues...me, equipment, or paranoia?

spiritcat wrote:

Hi Morris. It would be single point, and on AF-C. However, because I was on BBF, the focus should have locked the moment I took my finger off the button and before I fired the shutter. I guess it is always possible though, that in the "excitement" of the moment I forgot to separate the two actions, and so I can't swear that focusing wasn't still active when the shutter fired. Certainly though, I wasn't consciously aware of doing anything radically different between gull and tern.

I don't think you get focus confirmation with back button.  Till you work this out you are probably better off with AF-S so you know the camera thinks the image is sharp.  If the camera thinks the image is sharp and it's not then you will know you need to use the USB dock to adjust the lens.  You don't need a pro to do this, just be patient.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow