Lumix GX85, can the third party battery burn/bloat inside the camera when discharging

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jojobar123 New Member • Posts: 6
Lumix GX85, can the third party battery burn/bloat inside the camera when discharging

I recently got a G85 and looking at the manual they discourage using the third party batteries. On the web, I found that the third party batteries do not have temperature sensor so cannot switch off when it becomes hot.

I can get the external charger so that the camera does not get destroyed while charging. My question is if we use such batteries inside the camera, can they get very hot while using the camera resulting in the camera getting burned?

Does anyone have experience or insight in these? Also, which third-party batteries are considered safest?

Thanks for your time

jojobar123's gear list:jojobar123's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow