Why the TG-5 doesn't have manual mode?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mastermemorex New Member • Posts: 5
Why the TG-5 doesn't have manual mode?

I like the pictures that the TG-5 makes in automatic mode, because I don't want to miss a good picture while struggling with the options. But, sometimes I want to be more creative and play or experiment, but there is no option to control the shutter speed.

My major disappointment with this camera is when I want to make astrophotography. Sometimes I have the opportunity to be I wonderful night sky and capture the the Milky Way. I know I will never get the same results as a dedicated camera with a bigger sensor, but the limitation if 4s makes it complete hopless. II require a minimun of 20s or 30s.

I see in all reviews that the ausence of control if the shutter speed is one of the main complains. So is there any technical reason why the lack of manual mode. Olympus is not alone. It seems that all tough cameras are in a similar situation.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus TG-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow