Best Adobe Premiere Ingest setting for Proxies from Canon 5D Mark IV?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
AngularIan Junior Member • Posts: 27
Best Adobe Premiere Ingest setting for Proxies from Canon 5D Mark IV?

Can anyone give a recommendation for the best proxy setting to choose when ingesting 4K footage from the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV into Adobe Premiere Pro. I've got a real beefy ("suitable for 4K editing") laptop and also desktop so this is more about avoiding hiccups during playback than trying to edit on an under-powered machine.

The options seem to be: 1024x540 GoPro CIneform or H.264, 1280x 720 Cineform or H.264, or 1536 x 790 Cineform or H.264
Not sure why I should care about Cineform or H.264 since these are just proxies and will have no impact on the final render.
Just worried that some of the proxy options offered might not have the same aspect ratio as the imported raw footage and want to make sure I avoid any such issues (I am just starting to get to grips with Premiere Pro). My monitor set-up comprises two "true 4K" monitors (ie they're more like the old TV 4:3 format than the typically adopted 16:9 format).

Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow