Sony A6300 vs Nikon D600/610...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fiber New Member • Posts: 1
Sony A6300 vs Nikon D600/610...

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner/intermediate hobbyist photographer, looking to set aside more time and get more involved and turn photography from a personal hobby (that I've mainly kept to myself) into more of a side hustle. Basically, I'm looking to do more portraits and go out with the purpose of photography. Whenever I have day-trips or vacation plans, photography usually comes with me as an afterthought, whereas I would like photography to be a larger part of my life.

Right now, I have a Sony A6300 with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 and Rokinon 12mm f/2.0. I got the Rokinon for star photography, but as a college student in a relatively urban area, I now lack the time to go out into nature to be able to take these photos. I usually keep the Sigma on whenever I get the chance to go downtown or to the beach.

I initially decide on the 6300 for its capabilities in photography and video, where I aimed to find which interested me greater. I found I am personally not into video and find stills to be simpler and a better creative outlet for me.

I enjoy the lightweight and compactness of the 6300 and the sharpness with the Sigma, but I feel I could get the same results with another camera, and the video capabilities would be better utilized in the hands of someone who has a greater interest than I do. I was wondering what other people thought about possibly trading/selling and moving to the Nikon system instead - I see that the D600/610 are around the price I could Craigslist the 6300 for. The APS-C lens collection for Sony isn't very large, not expanding, and very expensive (also relative to the quality, based on the reviews I've been reading). Which system would be better in the long run?

Should I stick it out for a bit to gain more experience and a stronger foothold in photography before making a decision like this?

Thanks, and have a great day!

Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow