EVF, prescription glasses and presbyopia

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Boombuia Regular Member • Posts: 134
EVF, prescription glasses and presbyopia

Hello everybody,

this might be a bit off-topic, but hoping some of you have gone through this process.

I'm in my 40s and using single focus prescription glasses for nearsightedness/myopia. When photographing, up until now I've used mostly the LCD screens for "quick shots", leaving the EVF for when more attention is required for framing/focus/stabilisation. When I shoot thorugh EVF, I don't remove my glasses.

Now, as presbyopia is creeping up, the LCD screen is getting harder to see through my lenses, so depending on the moment, I just peek "underneath" my glasses (while holding the camera a bit closer so that I can see with naked eyes). Eventually, of course, I will need different, multi-focal glasses.

can you share experiences and recommendations regarding the use of multi-focal glasses and cameras, including LCD screens and EVF?

Thanks,

Carlos

Boombuia's gear list:Boombuia's gear list
Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow