Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 8 for K1 Mark II

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Historicity Senior Member • Posts: 1,487
Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 8 for K1 Mark II

For about $188 one can get the top of the line Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 8 (until June 20th), and it does work with Pentax K1 Mark ii, sort of. https://shop.isl.co.jp/user_data/campaign-ds8-dsp8-trial-price.php?lang=en

In the description of Silkypix Pro 8's capability for developing the K1 Mark ii photos, there are two footnotes:

Footnote 13 reads 'For RAW images shot with 'Pixel Shift Resolution', several features such as demosaicing sharpness are unavailable."

Footnote 24 reads, "RAW images shot with 'Image Stabilization On' mode of "pixel Shift Resolution" are not supported. They would be loaded as the Raw images shot with 'Pixel Shift Resolution' turned off."

It would appear that the only version of Silkypix that will develop Pixel shift photos is the version provided with the K1 Mark ii, namely version 5.8 which seems to be patented by Ricoh -- as though Ricoh paid for the basic Silkypix "engine" and then added the pixel-shift modification to it. And (I continue to guess) Ricoh hasn't authorized Silkypix to add this peculiar pixel-shift capability to the Pro 8 version.

In reading about the Silkypix Pro 8 capability, it would seem that it would have the capability that I complained about the 5.8 version not having, the capability for handling highlights -- at least there is that emphasis in the description. Had the description indicated that it would process the Pixel-shift Resolution photos of the K1 Mark II, I was prepared to buy it, but, alas.

Lawrence

Historicity's gear list:Historicity's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-500 Pentax K20D Olympus E-600 +83 more
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow