***Mini Challenge # 508*** Matters military.

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
D Berry New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Recon platoon, marking the LZ - exhibit

Actually, I posted this in response to one of your replies earlier, but in case you didn't/don't see it. I'll put it here, also.

My wife wanted me to write down my memories from Vietnam for our kids. There is still a lot blocked, and I really didn't want to do that. Instead, I had a number of photos and access to others from friends/comrades, so I started posting those on the photo-sharing site PBase in 2007. To me, the stories, especially those of many of the people I knew and/or served with, were far more interesting and important than simply posting my story. Over the years, I added to the gallery as I went through more photos and the stories behind them, which sometimes required some research. It was actually good therapy for me in general, and it also allowed me to make contact with some people I hadn't seen since I left Vietnam, who stumbled onto the gallery. It also attracted comments from many vets and family members. I haven't done anything much with it since I retired, but I still add photos every now and then.

Thanks,

Dave

http://www.pbase.com/d_berry/black_lions

D Berry's gear list:D Berry's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony RX10 IV Nikon D5300 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow