Need some guidance. Fuji X100F vs XT2 Lens

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cossio Forum Member • Posts: 53
Need some guidance. Fuji X100F vs XT2 Lens

Hello everyone.

I will be traveling to Washington at the end of July. Traveling with my family (kids). Were going to visit Olympic National Park, and Mount Rainier and parts of Victoria Canada

currently got a Fuji XT2 with 18-55 Kit lens and 35f2 Prime lens.

Here is my predicament or should I say more of a "What would you do?"

Im gonna have some extra cash to spend. The items that are on my wish list are the following:

1) Purchase the brick 16-55 & XF90F2

2) Purchase X100F

3) Settle with what I already have and maybe invest in something else?

I'm torn by the 2 options. What I want to achieve is some cool landscape shots with my kids in the foreground. maybe some cool portrait shots. I will not be printing unless the shots are absolutely stunning. and if I did print it won't be bigger than 20x24. This will be my first actual time traveling with photo gear. I cant stop to think if its going to really be a pain in the ass to carry all that equipment and deal with family and changing lens or what not. That's where the idea came in for the X100F which I'm thinking more of a run and gun process and the camera seems pretty small.

What im curious about is the Image Quality of that fixed lens on the X100F. im wondering what you guys think about it and portability, reliability and all that other good stuff. it just seems fun to use for an everyday purpose. I want to be able to snap photos and have everything in focus like the mountain tops in the background. (not really looking for shallow depth of field.)

So please for those experienced travelers and daily shooters up in the mountain regions of the US, what would you say works best? I know this is an odd question as its more of a preference thing

Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow