Have I jumped to the wrong system?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
starbase218 Regular Member • Posts: 411
Have I jumped to the wrong system?

So I jumped to Nikon from Pentax a while ago, for the AF. And I love the AF from Nikon (D7100) and am happy with the system.

But... I wonder if I've jumped onto a system that might be at a dead end. I just rewatched an old DRTV video about a Nikon lens and it's fun, but it's also in the past. Nikon is working on mirrorless and I'm wondering what that will mean for me.

Pentax has no mirrorless plans, and on one hand that might mean they'll have an even harder time as a small player. I actually think going fullframe was a mistake for them, because now they have to work on lenses - and they are - but meanwhile APS-C doesn't get much attention. But on the other hand, they have announced their intention to continue to support the K-mount. That probably means APS-C as well, at least after the fullframe lineup is reasonably strong.

But the future of the F-mount is more uncertain. I have no doubt Nikon are working on a very good mirrorless system but I think I'll have mixed feelings about that.

So, am I stuck in the recent past, or is there hope for me yet?

starbase218's gear list:starbase218's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow